21 DEC, 2016. Congratulations to the 10 sisters who made their final vows in the Nigeria Province in October. They are: Francisca Akinwumi, Immaculata Obanure, Rachael Ojo, Lucia Adenle, Esther Akpa, Eugenia Raymond, Maryann Anaehobi, Anthonia Eneanya, Augusta Ozor, and Veronica Obi.
23 NOVEMBER, 2016. Congratulations to six Sisters of St Louis who celebrated jubilees at a special Mass and lunch last month in our California Region. Sisters Eugenia McInerney and Frances Leonard celebrated 70 years, Sisters Breege Boyle and Alice Keenan celebrated 60 years and Sisters Bridget Ehlert and Margaret Fitzer celebrated 50 years of religious life.
23 NOVEMBER, 2016. Beatrice Venyellu SSL and Juliet Ziem Yirkpeekuu SSL were received as full members of the St Louis family on the occasion of their final profession of vows at the Chaplaincy, St Louis College of Education, Kumasi, on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
26 OCT, 2016. On October 9, the parish of Kiltimagh said a fond ‘Goodbye’ to the Sisters of St Louis who served them so well for a total of 119 years.
26 OCT, 2016. A new Sister of St Louis community has been established in Uromi Diocese, Edo State, Nigeria. The blessing of the new convent took place at the end of September in the presence of eight Sisters of St Louis, Bishop Donatus Ogun OSA, priests, religious institutes in the diocese, and youths. The Sisters of St Louis’ ministry will be to provide care to the aged, the infirm, the poor and the dying.
28 SEPT, 2016. Our pioneer sisters in our newest Mission in Dawhan, Ethiopia, are proud to announce the establishment of the Women’s Empowerment Project.
- St Louis Middle School, Bury St Edmunds, closes its doors
- 43 Sisters reinterred in Middletown Cemetery
- Congratulations to Florence Akhimien SSL
- Elenice de Lima SSL appointed to prominent AIDs pastoral role in Brazil
- Margie Buttitta SSL honored for her work in South Central LA
- Human Trafficking on the Agenda in St Louis Schools
- Associate Movement alive and well
- Sisters honoured in California Region
- Rest in Peace sisters
- Sisters help housebound people in Oka-Akoko, Nigeria