20 DEC, 2018. In early November, members of the Central Leadership Team packed their bags and headed off to the Province of Nigeria for visitation, Provincial Assemblies and CLT Assembly Two. We were warmly welcomed in Lagos by sisters from the Marywood community and the members of the Provincial Leadership Team.
20 DEC, 2018. Journalist Dennis McCarthy was evacuated from his home in Agoura Hills, and he and five members of his family sought shelter with the Louisville community of the Sisters of St Louis for four days.
29 NOVEMBER, 2018. Margie Buttitta SSL was one of the pioneer founding sisters of South Central Los Angeles Ministry Project (SC LAMP) which celebrated its 25th anniversary on October 20, 2018. SC LAMP was established in the aftermath of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, when eight congregations of Catholic sisters came together to find a way to help South Central, the neighborhood most impacted.
29 NOVEMBER, 2018. Margaret Hosty SSL, one of the co-founders of AAVE in Goiânia, Brazil, learned recently that the State of Goiás had failed to fulfill its obligation to supply powdered milk for children who are born to mothers who are poor and living with HIV.
30 OCT, 2018. The city of Akure, Nigeria, lit up on Monday, October 15, for the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the presence of the Sisters of St Louis in Nigeria. It was also the day that four sisters made their final profession of vows and five sisters celebrated the silver jubilee of their final profession.
27 SEPT, 2018. The last few months has seen the closing or relocation of three communities in Ireland - Middletown, Co. Armagh, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan, and Clones, Co. Monaghan.
- Congratulations to our three Jubliarians in CA Region
- History made as first SSL called to the Nigerian Bar
- Sisters and Associates enjoy Heritage Pilgrimage 2018
- New Trusteeship for Cours Bautain
- St Louis Associates meet in Paris
- Five National Awards for St Louis Schools
- Lagos sisters in rally against Human Trafficking
- A great year so far for St Louis Schools’ Network
- Future direction of Sisters of St Louis identified at 2018 ELM in Ghana
- Louisville Girls High School, Ijebu-Itele, Nigeria celebrates its 20th anniversary