30 OCT, 2019. During the summer of 2019, a representative group of governors, teachers, parents and students of the former St Louis Middle School gathered to express their appreciation of the contribution of the Sisters of St Louis to the education and life of Bury St Edmunds. The occasion marked the end of an educational era on the site. Six Sisters of St Louis were present at the event.
26 SEPT, 2019. Six sisters made their first profession of vows in August in Ghana and Nigeria! Two sisters in Ghana - Joan Dzifa Bosro SSL and Mary Ancilla Akoto SSL - made their first profession of vows on August 10, at St Anthony’s Catholic Church, Ejisu, Kumasi, the first time in the history of that church to host the profession of a female religious congregation. On August 22, four sisters - Angelina Ayegoh Francis SSL, Confidence Ngozi Udeh SSL, Maria Ihotu Agada Pam SSL and Rosemary Yuadoo Ukase SSL – made their first profession of vows at St Louis Catholic Church, Akure.
13 AUG, 2019. The official launch of the recently re-located Irish Region and Institute Archives (from Monaghan to Blakestown in Dublin) took place on June 28, the feast of the Sacred Heart. This date is significant to the Sisters of St Louis, because, on that day, the Turkenstein Pact was signed by three of our ancestors - Louis Colmar, Louise Humann and Thérèse Brek.
13 AUG, 2019. Earlier this summer, the Sisters of St Louis in Oku, Ghana, and the people of Oku, were honoured to receive ten students and three teachers from St Louis Grammar School, Ballymena, in Northern Ireland, where they spent six days helping out at the school and clinic and immersing themselves in village life.
More Articles ...
- St Louis Nursery and Primary School, Kano, celebrates 70 years!
- LifeWay Network’s event towards new life
- Tribute paid to the St Louis sisters and their contribution to Carrickmacross over last 130 years
- Terry Dodge SSL receives Congressional Woman of the Year award
- Official opening of Bakhita Empowerment Centre in Lagos takes place
- Ghanaian sister joins Dawhan Mission in Ethiopia
- Blessing of new SSL community in Savè, Republic of Benin
- SSL participate in HIV/AIDS conference in Goiânia, Brazil
- Revised Kavanagh book published by Sr Úna Agnew
- SSL speak at International Conference on Human Trafficking