29 JUN, 2020. In this fourth article in the eight-part series on the St Louis School’s Handbook of Education, we look at St Louis Day, which is celebrated on August 25, and is a day in which the Sisters of St Louis remember their Patron Saint, St Louis, King of France. It is also a day to celebrate what it means to be a Sister of St Louis and a member of the St Louis Family. The St Louis Handbook for Schools gives us resources for celebrating St Louis day. This article shares why St Louis is celebrated as our patron and the values and virtues that we can learn from St Louis as members of the St Louis Family. It also shares some of the resources contained in the St Louis Handbook for Schools, to help them celebrate St Louis Day.
28 MAY, 2020. The AAVE Group in Goiânia, Brazil, were left without income following the lockdown of Goiás state on March 19 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Co-founded in 1995 by Margaret Hosty SSL, the AAVE Group work with people living with HIV/AIDS. Following lockdown, the group had to find alternate ways that they could continue to support their clients.
28 MAY, 2020. We saw it coming of course. Covid-19 had been steadily advancing towards the end of February. Sister Margaret Mary Joyce had already been self-isolating since the day the schools closed. And yet it came as a shock when, on the Nine O’Clock News, it was announced that cocooning for the over 70s would begin with immediate effect! Voluntary isolation is one thing, enforced cocooning, without preparation, is another!
More Articles ...
- How the St Louis Schools are coping during the Covid-19 crisis
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 2. Importance of education to the founders of the Sisters of St Louis
- Sisters of St Louis Extended Leadership Meeting (ELM) takes place in Ireland
- New series of articles on the St Louis School’s handbook to be published
- Monaghan Associates support the Laudato Tree Project
- Sisters celebrate Christmas Day in Dawhan, Ethiopia, on January 6!
- 80th Anniversary of Rathmines Primary Schools celebrated
- Pauline Zamekuu SSL celebrates her Silver Jubilee in Juilly
- History of Associate Movement in California celebrated
- World AIDS Day commemorated by AAVE Group, Brazil