30 MAY, 2019. Three hundred people were packed into the Ballroom Suite of the Nuremore Hotel, Carrickmacross on the evening of May 9, to pay tribute to the Sisters of St Louis for 130 years’ presence in Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan.
30 MAY, 2019. Congratulations to Terry Dodge SSL, who was awarded the Congressional Woman of the Year Award from the City of Claremont, California, for her ministry at Crossroads Inc, which provides housing, education, support, counseling, and employment training in a home-like environment for women who have been incarcerated.
25 APR, 2019. The Bakhita Empowerment Centre in Lagos, Nigeria, was officially opened last month, for the rehabilitation of survivors of human trafficking.
25 APR, 2019. Naomi Nkrumah SSL is the newest sister on mission in Dawhan, Ethiopia. On February 17, 2019, she left Accra, Ghana, and embarked on her journey to Dawhan, via Addis Ababa, and Mekelle. Along the way, she marveled at the beauty of the landscape and the treachery of the terrain.
28 MAR, 2019. God has blessed the Institute of the Sisters of St Louis with a new community in the city of Savè, Republic of Benin. Opened and blessed on February 19, 2019, the long-awaited community is part of the Nigeria Province, with Constance Dibie SSL and Theresa Peter Sheyin SSL having been missioned there from Nigeria.
28 MAR, 2019. Elenice Natal de Lima SSL, Margaret Hosty SSL and SSL Associate, Suely Marinho, took part in a special HIV/AIDS conference at AAVE headquarters in the city of Goiânia, Brazil last month. The main objective of the conference was to formulate proposals which would contribute to the improvement of the National Health System.
- Revised Kavanagh book published by Sr Úna Agnew
- SSL speak at International Conference on Human Trafficking
- Sage advice from Sisters to Louisville, Woodland Hills, Class of 2019
- Irish Region and Institute Archives move to new location
- SSL Ghana receives two postulants into novitiate
- Central Leadership Team Visitation to Nigeria Province
- California journalist thanks Sisters after for sheltering him during wildfires
- South Central LAMP celebrates 25th anniversary
- Sisters in Brazil help breastfeeding mothers living with HIV
- Triple celebration in Nigeria