29 MARCH, 2021. Naomi Nkrumah SSL tells us about her experiences of the conflict the Tigray Region of Ethiopia and the heartbreaking decision that the sisters made in November to flee their mission in Dawhan. Earlier that month, the Tigray regional government in Ethiopia launched a full-scale siege of key Ethiopian military bases, following a breakdown in relations with Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's federal government. In response, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed ordered a federal offensive against the region, setting off the conflict, which has killed thousands of people, and is estimated to have internally displaced 200,000 people.
29 MARCH, 2021. Six postulants were received into the Institute of the Sisters of St Louis on February 2, 2021, in Dassa Zoumé, Republic of Benin. A procession from the Grotto was followed by Mass, in which the Postulants were veiled with Mantillas and presented with copies of the the Divine Office and Praying Companion. A surprise party took place afterwards, which was organised by the second-year postulants.
25 FEBRUARY, 2021. We send a warm “Happy Birthday” to Sr Mary Brophy SSL, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Tuesday, February 23. Sr Mary is a resident of Castleross Nursing Home, Carrickmacross, Ireland, where all the stops were pulled out, despite Covid-19 restrictions, with flowers and balloons in abundance.
25 FEBRUARY, 2021. We are absolutely delighted to celebrate not one, but three, jubilee celebrations at St Louis Schools in Nigeria, less than one month apart: on January 18, 2021, St Louis Secondary School, Kano, celebrated its 70th anniversary; on February 3, St Louis Grammar School, Ikere-Ekiti, celebrated its Diamond Jubilee; and finally, on February 11, St Louis Grammar School, Mokola, Ibadan, also celebrated its Diamond Jubilee.
More Articles ...
- Covid-19 vaccinations being rolled out to sisters
- First Profession of Vows for four Sisters in Nigeria Province
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 8. Living Sint Unum through migration
- AAVE Group celebrate 25 years
- New Sisters of St Louis School opens its doors in Savé, Republic of Benin
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 7. Living Sint Unum through Ecology and the Universe
- Implications of the Covid-19 pandemic for Migrants and Refugees in the UK
- Covid-19 challenges for Louisville Juice and Water Factory, Ghana
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 6. Living Sint Unum through Ecumenism and Interreligious Dialogue
- SSL volunteering continues during the pandemic at LifeWay Network’s safe houses in NY