30 NOVEMBER, 2023. Congratulations to Patricia Ebegbulem SSL who was one of three recipients of awards at the inaugural Sisters Anti–Trafficking Awards Ceremony in London on October 31. The Sisters Anti-Trafficking Awards (SATAs) is an annual celebration that honours Catholic sisters who have demonstrated exceptional courage, creativity, collaboration, and achievement in protecting communities from human trafficking. The ceremony was co-hosted by ARISE (anti-slavery NGO), UISG (International Union of Superiors General), and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
30 NOVEMBER, 2023. Máire Cannon SSL enjoyed a recent visit with Lily Beirne SSL and Anne Killeen SSL in Kiltipper Nursing Home in Dublin, where they shared their early memories of their missioning to the Sclessin community in Belgium in 1953, which had been reunited with Monaghan earlier that year. Armed with very little spoken French, their journey involved many boats and trains. And luggage! They reflect with gratitude on this time in their lives.
30 NOVEMBER, 2023. The Nigeria Province recently celebrated the following: the final profession of vows of Agatha Nwanyanwu SSL; the Silver Jubilee celebrations of Lucia Akinnusoye SSL, Constance Dibie SSL, Gladys Ekhareafo SSL, Helen Orunkoya SSL, Bridget Shekarah SSL; the Golden Jubilee celebration of Winifred Ojo SSL; and the Diamond Jubilee celebration of Dorothy Yayock SSL.
26 OCTOBER, 2023. The Bridge of Care Programme was established at Louisville Girls High School in Ijebu-Itele, Nigeria, more than 15 years ago, to support the school's immediate community and neighbouring areas. It began by helping indigenous students access education at the school and at primary and secondary levels within the Ijebu region, as well as supporting them at third level.
More Articles ...
- Sister graduates from the Benin branch of the Pontifical Lateran John Paul II Institute
- Ghana region hosts aspirants’ retreat
- An update from our mission in Ethiopia
- A Day in the Life of an African sister – Elizabeth Ogedengbe SSL
- Teresa Clancy SSL bids farewell to the Mournes after 64 years
- Sister attends World Youth Day in Lisbon, Portugal
- Ghanaian sister graduates with Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- A great year so far for the École Maternelle et Primaire Bilingue Saint Louis de Savé, in the Republic of Benin
- HIV/AIDS awareness conducted at the Feast of the Eternal Divine Father in Trindade, Goiás, Brazil
- Nigerian Sisters accompany catechumens on their Baptism and First Holy Communion journey