26 SEPT, 2019. Six sisters made their first profession of vows in August in Ghana and Nigeria! Two sisters in Ghana - Joan Dzifa Bosro SSL and Mary Ancilla Akoto SSL - made their first profession of vows on August 10, at St Anthony’s Catholic Church, Ejisu, Kumasi, the first time in the history of that church to host the profession of a female religious congregation. On August 22, four sisters - Angelina Ayegoh Francis SSL, Confidence Ngozi Udeh SSL, Maria Ihotu Agada Pam SSL and Rosemary Yuadoo Ukase SSL – made their first profession of vows at St Louis Catholic Church, Akure.
13 AUG, 2019. The official launch of the recently re-located Irish Region and Institute Archives (from Monaghan to Blakestown in Dublin) took place on June 28, the feast of the Sacred Heart. This date is significant to the Sisters of St Louis, because, on that day, the Turkenstein Pact was signed by three of our ancestors - Louis Colmar, Louise Humann and Thérèse Brek.
13 AUG, 2019. Earlier this summer, the Sisters of St Louis in Oku, Ghana, and the people of Oku, were honoured to receive ten students and three teachers from St Louis Grammar School, Ballymena, in Northern Ireland, where they spent six days helping out at the school and clinic and immersing themselves in village life.
20 JUNE, 2019. LifeWay Network is one of only two organizations in the New York Metropolitan area providing safe housing for women survivors of human trafficking. Last month, more than 150 friends and supporters, including the Sisters of St Louis, attended the charity’s annual event, in which the theme was, “The Power of Community” in collaborating to end the scourge of human trafficking. The highlight of the evening was the introduction of a new and exciting mentorship program called WINGS (Welcoming and Inspiring New Growth as Sisters).
More Articles ...
- Tribute paid to the St Louis sisters and their contribution to Carrickmacross over last 130 years
- Terry Dodge SSL receives Congressional Woman of the Year award
- Official opening of Bakhita Empowerment Centre in Lagos takes place
- Ghanaian sister joins Dawhan Mission in Ethiopia
- Blessing of new SSL community in Savè, Republic of Benin
- SSL participate in HIV/AIDS conference in Goiânia, Brazil
- Revised Kavanagh book published by Sr Úna Agnew
- SSL speak at International Conference on Human Trafficking
- Sage advice from Sisters to Louisville, Woodland Hills, Class of 2019
- Irish Region and Institute Archives move to new location