6 MAR, 2019. The revised and expanded 20th anniversary edition of Sr Úna Agnew’s book The Mystical Imagination of Patrick Kavanagh, A Buttonhole in Heaven, was published on February 28, 2019.
28 FEB, 2019. Patricia Ebegbulem SSL from our Nigeria region presented two papers at a recent International Conference on Human Trafficking in Palermo, Italy.
28 FEB, 2019. Maria Goretti Crowley SSL was a guest speaker at the 2019 Louisville High School, Woodland Hills, California, Heritage Liturgy, which is celebrated every year during Catholic Schools’ week.
31 JAN, 2019. The Irish Region and Institute Archives have moved home, from Monaghan to Blakestown in Dublin. After months of preparation, the big move took place on January 10, 2019, under the watchful eye of Ann Bolton SSL (Institute Archivist) and Anne Kavanagh SSL (Irish Region Archivist). Four hundred boxes were carefully packed before Christmas, and moved, along with steel shelving, cabinets, cupboards, desks, pictures, computers and a range of equipment, to a newly-renovated ground floor space in Blakestown.
31 JAN, 2019. Two postulants were received into the novitiate at the Louis Bautain Formation House, Apromase, Ghana, during November and December 2018. On November 9, Sheila Ayagiba began her novitiate training, following a simple ceremony, and she was joined, on December 8, by Sophia Adu-Amankwaah.
20 DEC, 2018. In early November, members of the Central Leadership Team packed their bags and headed off to the Province of Nigeria for visitation, Provincial Assemblies and CLT Assembly Two. We were warmly welcomed in Lagos by sisters from the Marywood community and the members of the Provincial Leadership Team.
- California journalist thanks Sisters after for sheltering him during wildfires
- South Central LAMP celebrates 25th anniversary
- Sisters in Brazil help breastfeeding mothers living with HIV
- Triple celebration in Nigeria
- Three Irish communities relocating
- Congratulations to our three Jubliarians in CA Region
- History made as first SSL called to the Nigerian Bar
- Sisters and Associates enjoy Heritage Pilgrimage 2018
- New Trusteeship for Cours Bautain
- St Louis Associates meet in Paris