25 APR, 2019. The Bakhita Empowerment Centre in Lagos, Nigeria, was officially opened last month, for the rehabilitation of survivors of human trafficking.
25 APR, 2019. Naomi Nkrumah SSL is the newest sister on mission in Dawhan, Ethiopia. On February 17, 2019, she left Accra, Ghana, and embarked on her journey to Dawhan, via Addis Ababa, and Mekelle. Along the way, she marveled at the beauty of the landscape and the treachery of the terrain.
28 MAR, 2019. God has blessed the Institute of the Sisters of St Louis with a new community in the city of Savè, Republic of Benin. Opened and blessed on February 19, 2019, the long-awaited community is part of the Nigeria Province, with Constance Dibie SSL and Theresa Peter Sheyin SSL having been missioned there from Nigeria.
28 MAR, 2019. Elenice Natal de Lima SSL, Margaret Hosty SSL and SSL Associate, Suely Marinho, took part in a special HIV/AIDS conference at AAVE headquarters in the city of Goiânia, Brazil last month. The main objective of the conference was to formulate proposals which would contribute to the improvement of the National Health System.
6 MAR, 2019. The revised and expanded 20th anniversary edition of Sr Úna Agnew’s book The Mystical Imagination of Patrick Kavanagh, A Buttonhole in Heaven, was published on February 28, 2019.
28 FEB, 2019. Patricia Ebegbulem SSL from our Nigeria region presented two papers at a recent International Conference on Human Trafficking in Palermo, Italy.
- Sage advice from Sisters to Louisville, Woodland Hills, Class of 2019
- Irish Region and Institute Archives move to new location
- SSL Ghana receives two postulants into novitiate
- Central Leadership Team Visitation to Nigeria Province
- California journalist thanks Sisters after for sheltering him during wildfires
- South Central LAMP celebrates 25th anniversary
- Sisters in Brazil help breastfeeding mothers living with HIV
- Triple celebration in Nigeria
- Three Irish communities relocating
- Congratulations to our three Jubliarians in CA Region