31 JAN, 2019. The Irish Region and Institute Archives have moved home, from Monaghan to Blakestown in Dublin. After months of preparation, the big move took place on January 10, 2019, under the watchful eye of Ann Bolton SSL (Institute Archivist) and Anne Kavanagh SSL (Irish Region Archivist). Four hundred boxes were carefully packed before Christmas, and moved, along with steel shelving, cabinets, cupboards, desks, pictures, computers and a range of equipment, to a newly-renovated ground floor space in Blakestown.
31 JAN, 2019. Two postulants were received into the novitiate at the Louis Bautain Formation House, Apromase, Ghana, during November and December 2018. On November 9, Sheila Ayagiba began her novitiate training, following a simple ceremony, and she was joined, on December 8, by Sophia Adu-Amankwaah.
20 DEC, 2018. In early November, members of the Central Leadership Team packed their bags and headed off to the Province of Nigeria for visitation, Provincial Assemblies and CLT Assembly Two. We were warmly welcomed in Lagos by sisters from the Marywood community and the members of the Provincial Leadership Team.
29 NOVEMBER, 2018. Margie Buttitta SSL was one of the pioneer founding sisters of South Central Los Angeles Ministry Project (SC LAMP) which celebrated its 25th anniversary on October 20, 2018. SC LAMP was established in the aftermath of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, when eight congregations of Catholic sisters came together to find a way to help South Central, the neighborhood most impacted.
More Articles ...
- Sisters in Brazil help breastfeeding mothers living with HIV
- Triple celebration in Nigeria
- Three Irish communities relocating
- Congratulations to our three Jubliarians in CA Region
- History made as first SSL called to the Nigerian Bar
- Sisters and Associates enjoy Heritage Pilgrimage 2018
- New Trusteeship for Cours Bautain
- St Louis Associates meet in Paris
- Five National Awards for St Louis Schools
- Lagos sisters in rally against Human Trafficking