19 DEC, 2019. The SSL Associates and Sisters celebrated the 35th Jubilee of the California Associates’ Foundation last month in Louisville Convent. The Associates prepared a delicious dinner, which was followed by a beautiful prayer service and a powerpoint presentation that looked back at the Associate groups, from their beginnings in 1984.
19 DEC, 2019. The AAVE group in Goiânia, Brazil, of which Margaret Hosty SSL is a founding member, commemorated World AIDS Day on December 1, 2019, with various actions, which included a special Mass and a protest outside the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, where lack of medication, broken equipment and shortage of medical personnel are resulting in inadequate healthcare for those who are living with HIV/AIDS.
28 NOV, 2019. Last month, the Sisters of St Louis in Ghana and the Oku community officially opened a new block at the Catholic Clinic in Oku. The new block, which will significantly improve the quality and accessibility of health care in the locality, was built together with the local community, and has three rooms - a laboratory, an ultrasound scan room and a pre-delivery maternity ward.
28 NOV, 2019. During the summer, the Sisters of St Louis in Dawhan, Ethiopia, opened a centre for youths, and began teaching computer skills and keyboard music to them. This idea for this initiative arose as a result of the amount of local youths that were risking their lives migrating illegally to Europe, America and Arab countries.
30 OCT, 2019. During the summer of 2019, a representative group of governors, teachers, parents and students of the former St Louis Middle School gathered to express their appreciation of the contribution of the Sisters of St Louis to the education and life of Bury St Edmunds. The occasion marked the end of an educational era on the site. Six Sisters of St Louis were present at the event.
More Articles ...
- USA/Brazil Region celebrates 70th Jubilee and more!
- First Profession of vows for six sisters in Ghana and Nigeria
- Official Launch of Irish Region and Institute Archives
- The people of Oku, Ghana, welcome visitors from St Louis Grammar School, Ballymena
- St Louis Nursery and Primary School, Kano, celebrates 70 years!
- LifeWay Network’s event towards new life
- Tribute paid to the St Louis sisters and their contribution to Carrickmacross over last 130 years
- Terry Dodge SSL receives Congressional Woman of the Year award
- Official opening of Bakhita Empowerment Centre in Lagos takes place
- Ghanaian sister joins Dawhan Mission in Ethiopia