28 MAY, 2020. The AAVE Group in Goiânia, Brazil, were left without income following the lockdown of Goiás state on March 19 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Co-founded in 1995 by Margaret Hosty SSL, the AAVE Group work with people living with HIV/AIDS. Following lockdown, the group had to find alternate ways that they could continue to support their clients.
28 MAY, 2020. We saw it coming of course. Covid-19 had been steadily advancing towards the end of February. Sister Margaret Mary Joyce had already been self-isolating since the day the schools closed. And yet it came as a shock when, on the Nine O’Clock News, it was announced that cocooning for the over 70s would begin with immediate effect! Voluntary isolation is one thing, enforced cocooning, without preparation, is another!
29 APR, 2020. We are living in very extraordinary times during the Covid-19 pandemic. More than half the world’s population is in some sort of lockdown, with schools, restaurants and many stores closed, and the only places open are ones that are supplying essential services such as food, and pharmacies etc. We reached out to the St Louis School’s and invited them to share with us their experiences of the school closures, what they are doing to engage their students remotely during these unprecedented times, and any initiatives they have made to help others during the crisis.
More Articles ...
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 2. Importance of education to the founders of the Sisters of St Louis
- Sisters of St Louis Extended Leadership Meeting (ELM) takes place in Ireland
- New series of articles on the St Louis School’s handbook to be published
- Monaghan Associates support the Laudato Tree Project
- Sisters celebrate Christmas Day in Dawhan, Ethiopia, on January 6!
- 80th Anniversary of Rathmines Primary Schools celebrated
- Pauline Zamekuu SSL celebrates her Silver Jubilee in Juilly
- History of Associate Movement in California celebrated
- World AIDS Day commemorated by AAVE Group, Brazil
- Oku community, Ghana, and Sisters open new block at the Catholic Clinic