28 NOV, 2019. Last month, the Sisters of St Louis in Ghana and the Oku community officially opened a new block at the Catholic Clinic in Oku. The new block, which will significantly improve the quality and accessibility of health care in the locality, was built together with the local community, and has three rooms - a laboratory, an ultrasound scan room and a pre-delivery maternity ward.
28 NOV, 2019. During the summer, the Sisters of St Louis in Dawhan, Ethiopia, opened a centre for youths, and began teaching computer skills and keyboard music to them. This idea for this initiative arose as a result of the amount of local youths that were risking their lives migrating illegally to Europe, America and Arab countries.
30 OCT, 2019. During the summer of 2019, a representative group of governors, teachers, parents and students of the former St Louis Middle School gathered to express their appreciation of the contribution of the Sisters of St Louis to the education and life of Bury St Edmunds. The occasion marked the end of an educational era on the site. Six Sisters of St Louis were present at the event.
26 SEPT, 2019. Six sisters made their first profession of vows in August in Ghana and Nigeria! Two sisters in Ghana - Joan Dzifa Bosro SSL and Mary Ancilla Akoto SSL - made their first profession of vows on August 10, at St Anthony’s Catholic Church, Ejisu, Kumasi, the first time in the history of that church to host the profession of a female religious congregation. On August 22, four sisters - Angelina Ayegoh Francis SSL, Confidence Ngozi Udeh SSL, Maria Ihotu Agada Pam SSL and Rosemary Yuadoo Ukase SSL – made their first profession of vows at St Louis Catholic Church, Akure.
More Articles ...
- Official Launch of Irish Region and Institute Archives
- The people of Oku, Ghana, welcome visitors from St Louis Grammar School, Ballymena
- St Louis Nursery and Primary School, Kano, celebrates 70 years!
- LifeWay Network’s event towards new life
- Tribute paid to the St Louis sisters and their contribution to Carrickmacross over last 130 years
- Terry Dodge SSL receives Congressional Woman of the Year award
- Official opening of Bakhita Empowerment Centre in Lagos takes place
- Ghanaian sister joins Dawhan Mission in Ethiopia
- Blessing of new SSL community in Savè, Republic of Benin
- SSL participate in HIV/AIDS conference in Goiânia, Brazil