25 FEBRUARY, 2021. We are absolutely delighted to celebrate not one, but three, jubilee celebrations at St Louis Schools in Nigeria, less than one month apart: on January 18, 2021, St Louis Secondary School, Kano, celebrated its 70th anniversary; on February 3, St Louis Grammar School, Ikere-Ekiti, celebrated its Diamond Jubilee; and finally, on February 11, St Louis Grammar School, Mokola, Ibadan, also celebrated its Diamond Jubilee.
28 JANUARY, 2021. We have received the great news that some of our sisters have received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccination. This includes: our two sisters in New York, four of our sisters in nursing homes in California, one of our sisters in the Corpus Christi Convent in California, and over half of our sisters in the English Mission. In Ireland, our sisters in Kiltipper, Dealgan, Maryfield, Sancta Sabina and Marley Nursing Homes are gradually receiving their vaccinations.
28 JANUARY, 2021. The First Profession of Vows of four sisters - Esther Pam Cheng, Linda Ogechi Christopher, Mary Remilekun John and Joan Swanta Samuel - was held on December 8, 2020 at St Louis Church, Akure, Nigeria. It was originally supposed to take place on August 22, but was postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions.
17 DEC, 2020. This final article in the series shows how the Sisters of St Louis Charism, Sint Unum, impacts on migration. Sint Unum shows that it is an implicit principle that touches on diversity, differences and divergences in human race and ideology and is a value that promotes tolerance, equity, justice, peaceful co-existence, humane virtues, and Christian values. When all this is achieved, our world will be healed, unified and transformed.
17 DEC, 2020. The AAVE group was co-founded by Margaret Hosty SSL in 1995 in Goiânia, Brazil, to support those living with HIV/AIDS. This year, the group is celebrating 25 years of commitment to people living with HIV/AIDS and they have been making a series of videos to commemorate the anniversary.
More Articles ...
- New Sisters of St Louis School opens its doors in Savé, Republic of Benin
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 7. Living Sint Unum through Ecology and the Universe
- Implications of the Covid-19 pandemic for Migrants and Refugees in the UK
- Covid-19 challenges for Louisville Juice and Water Factory, Ghana
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 6. Living Sint Unum through Ecumenism and Interreligious Dialogue
- SSL volunteering continues during the pandemic at LifeWay Network’s safe houses in NY
- Celebrating 100 Issues of the Sisters of St Louis newsletter, Musings
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 5. Living Sint Unum through Education
- Remote Ewulu community in Nigeria donates to the needy during Covid-19 pandemic
- St Louis School’s Handbook Series, Part 4. Celebrating St Louis Day